Personal Injury is What We Do
  1. Home
  2.  → Questions & Answers

Questions & Answers

Find Frequently Asked Questions And Answers Below

Q: What should I do if I am injured in a vehicle crash?

A: Call 911 immediately so that there is a complete record of the incident. Be sure to let the officer know if you are injured in any way. If necessary, request an ambulance and go to the ER. Make sure the responding officers know your version of what happened. Don’t argue with other parties involved in the crash. Collect names and numbers from any witnesses as these are often left off of crash reports. Take photographs of the damage to all vehicles involved and the surrounding area, from close up and back far enough to get a perspective of what occurred. Realize that any conversation you have with an insurance company is likely being recorded and WILL be used against you, if possible.

Q: How do I know if I need a lawyer to help with my personal injury claim?

A: You need the help of a professional if:

  • The crash/incident was caused by the negligence of someone else
  • Your injuries require medical treatment
  • The insurance company is refusing to pay for your treatment or offering to pay less than what you have been billed
  • The adjuster has stopped responding to your calls or stopped answering your questions

Q: What will it cost me to meet with Badders Law Firm P.C.?

A: Badders Law Firm P.C., provides no-cost consultations so that we can discuss the details of your individualized situation and determine, together, if you need additional, professional representation. If you decide to allow Badders Law Firm P.C. to represent you, you will pay NOTHING unless we win your case; we don’t get paid unless you do!

Q: Why is the other driver’s insurance company refusing to pay my medical bills?

A: Unfortunately, liability insurance carriers often measure their success by how little they are able to pay out for claims such as yours. This means that the adjuster you are dealing with is likely being rated by his ability to save his company money while leaving you with excessive medical bills. Ultimately, YOU and YOUR HEALTH are not as important as THEIR bottom line.

Q: What should I tell my doctor about the crash and my injuries?

A: Remember that anything out of the ordinary for you should be reported, even if it doesn’t seem significant. Many times, serious spinal or other injuries don’t seem like a big deal, but over time progress to become debilitating disabilities, so report everything. Be specific about any potential symptoms of concussion, including headaches, temporary loss of consciousness, confusion or feeling “in a fog,” forgetfulness, dizziness or “seeing stars,” ringing in the ears, nausea, or vomiting. Give your doctor a complete description of what happened in the crash so that they can look for potential injuries that you aren’t even aware could be there. Rank your pain on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being unbearable pain (for example, childbirth) for each area of pain you are experiencing. Be sure to note any tension in your joints and any tingling or numbness in your arms, legs or buttocks.

Share This